Parish Ministries During COVID-19
Last updated July 18, 2022
At St. Thomas the Apostle, we continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19. Our parish leaders (pastoral council, liturgy commission, and staff) are listening to the recommendations of state and national authorities, the leadership of our archdiocese, as well the input of our parishioners. We are committed to offering quality ministries safely, and to everyone in our expanding community.
Mass, Communion and Reconciliation
- We are celebrating weekend Masses onsite. The nursery is open in Room 103 during the 9am and 11am Masses on Sundays.
- We are live-streaming our 9 a.m. Mass on Sunday. The Mass will remain available online throughout the week.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is offered on Saturday at 4:00 p.m. in the Reconciliation Room. Those who would prefer to celebrate in a larger space (for social distancing) should contact Fr. Michael.
Faith Formation for All
Our Faith Formation ministries take place on-site, with virtual options offered for adults. Please contact Bill Nolan for questions about adult faith formation and RCIA; contact Cheryl Taylor regarding ministry to children in grades K-1 and 3-8 and their families; contact Tina Erazmus for information regarding the Sacraments of First Reconciliation, First Eucharist, and/or Confirmation; contact Doug Cleary for Youth Ministry opportunities.
We are making in-person home visits and communion calls based upon the desire/comfort level of those involved. We also continue to visit regularly by phone and written correspondence. If you or anyone you know has any Pastoral Care needs, please contact Barbara Staats or call the parish office: 612-922-0041.
Throughout the pandemic, we have been providing increased financial support to several of our Outreach Ministries (Simpson Housing, Simpson Meal Ministry, Meals on Wheels, Branch Lunch, Feed My Starving Children, among others) so they could offer increased services in a way that was safe for all involved. We have resumed in-person volunteer opportunities with most of these ministries, subject to the protocols they have in place. For those looking to begin participating in any of these ministries, contact Bill Nolan for more information.
Additional Ministry Information
- Baptisms have returned to a monthly schedule. You can find the dates on the Sacraments page. If special arrangements need to be made, contact Bill Nolan.
- Anointing of the Sick is offered, and Funerals are being celebrated. Contact Barb Staats for more information.
- For those seeking to celebrate Daily Mass online, we recommend the Mass at Saint John’s Abbey in Collegeville.
- For those seeking to pray the Rosary with others online, we recommend Salt and Light Media.