Impact is programming for students in grades 9-12 to have opportunities to apply a social justice lens to their faith through outreach, service, and stewardship, in a student-led community.
Examples of Impact Programming
- Coffee and Connect: An informal, monthly opportunity to meet up, check in with each other while hanging out at Dunn Bros.
- Service Saturdays: Roll up your sleeves and pitch in to your local community.
- Your Bible as Art: Turn your Bible into an inspiring work of art that excites you and keeps you in God’s word.
Peer ministers focus on building enthusiasm and recruitment for youth group events and service projects. They work side by side with peers their own age and younger to develop youth leadership skills. Peer ministers work with the youth minister and Core Team to develop goals and track progress to inform engagement and outreach strategies.
Peer ministers are select group of youth ages 16-20 who:
- Have received the Sacrament of Confirmation;
- Successfully completed at least three months of the Leadership in Training program;
- Demonstrate their role as caring, welcoming, and affirming leaders in our community;
- Participate regularly in Mass;
- Share their faith with their peers;
- Commit to being chemically free (alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs);
- Submit two letters of recommendation;
- Are trained in VIRTUS.
Required core values:
- Humility and service
- Inclusion and compassion
- Social justice
- Ability to take direction and meet deadlines
- Strong organization skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to cultivate trusting relationships with youth
- Motivating others
Interested in being part of our Youth Ministry programs?